Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Physics is working against me
Here's the deal, I have found out that I am a little insecure about writing this blog. I have started second-guessing myself and figured that my life was a little boring. But, again with the character-defect of not finishing stuff that I start, I am here, pushing thru.

So, this past weekend was Memorial Day, had the day off, did not do squat. Stayed on the couch, watched a few movies, saw my dad. That's about it. I did learn that my sweet dog Daisy cannot tolerate corn on the cob. I went to the store to get a few things and they had corn on the cob on sale, it was pretty, still in the husks, so I bought a couple. I go home, cook it up, munch it down in the most un-girl like manner. (I later found a kernel glued to my cheek, like 2 hours later) I took the leftover cobs out to my pooches. They gobbled them down, cob and all. Later, while I was watching a movie, Daisy starts pacing...Looking worried...Looking at me, pleadingly...Then she did it: threw up corn, on the floor (of course on the floor, where else would she throw up?) Poor baby. She was just embarrassed, hung her little head down and ran off. So, note to self: no corn on the cob for Daisy, she get's rice crispy treats instead.

I am now down 35 pounds. I started in January 2006, have gone down almost 2 sizes. I am pumped about this. So I go to buy clothes over the weekend and actually started crying in the Target dressing room, not for my usual reasons, but because the clothes fit and looked really good! I am sure the ladies in there were a little worried. I just could not believe it. I was so excited with the little outfit I had on, city shorts, the long shorts you can wear to work. (I swear, I read an article about it in the New York Times Fashion section) a frilly, lacy cottony top (that I did not buy because it was sleeveless, not ready for that just yet) I looked really good. Shorts! I have not wore shorts in years, I wore them to work today with my cute new pair of black pointy toe heels.

The original intent of shopping over the weekend was to find a bathing suit. I actually don't remember when I bought the suit I currently have, let's just say that it had to be at least 5-6 years ago. So, I need a new one right, my boobs are falling out of the old one. I must have tried on 15 suits at Target. For some reason, this year 99% of the swimsuits out there are halter style with absolutely NO boob support. I looked like a 70 year old woman with something to prove in those suits...Not suitable for public viewing. I actually laughed out loud in the Target dressing room during this episode.(Yes, the dressing room was the source of my many mood swings on Saturday, I should have to carry a note from a doctor to give to the attendant: Warning, likely to go off at any minute) I ended up getting one a TJ Maxx (love, love that store) I went swimming in it on Saturday...still with the boobs falling out...AAHHGG!!! A work friend's daughter works at Lane Bryant and she measured me for a bra last week...36DD, try putting those in a halter swimsuit!! Physics are working against me.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG
The Proverbial Woman